Thursday, September 8, 2016

I've Received My First Box From Influenster (link below)

This is a website that I joined and I had started leaving reviews on products I own and have used enough to be able to give it a positive or a negative review.  I also signed up to get a box to review, but honestly I never thought "I" would.   However it arrived today September 8, 2016.

I'm not going to do any reviews in this blog other to acknowledge that it came and post pictures of the contents.

TA-Da This is what it looks like
The other side is solid purple and contains the shipping label.
Minus the puppy bites on the upper right side, my husband got 
me a little maltese puppy, and like any puppy his age, he things 
everything is there for him to chew on. It's a good thing he's super cute!
click image to enlarge

 click image to enlarge

click image to enlarge

It comes with a card that shows it's the back 2 school box, and the back shows the contents of the box.   I don't normally read these cards, but they are nice to have.  I have gotten perfume in other boxes where they used a super fancy script so I couldn't make out the name. But with the card it was no problem figuring out the name of the perfume given the card is written in your typical book type font script.  (thank goodness)



This next one may give a hint as to the contents, but it's also a cook recipe.  Do I see cookies being made in the future in our house?  Oh I think SO!!!

click image to enlarge 

click image to enlarge

Since margarine would be a little difficult to ship, going through warmer states and all, and would leave the box a bit messy.  They did the next best thing and included a coupon to pickup a free package at the store.  It's also nice that it gives choices that the coupon can be used on.   But it's for 100% free country crock margarine.   Normally we just use old fashioned butter, but I think I will make an exception to this item as it won't add a penny to my grocery list.

click image to enlarge


Because Baked Meat Snacks is another item that would be impossible to ship without overnight delivery and on dry ice a coupon is just so much easier for the companies to deal with.   So included is a package for a package of Land O' Frost Baked Meat Snacks.

I haven't seen these but only because we don't buy processed meats.  Instead I buy regular meat cuts, cook them and cut them up and freeze into sizable packages that we can deal with.  Did you also know it's a whole lot cheaper to buy a beef roast, throw it in your crockpot and use for lunch meat instead of buying beef lunch meat?  I put mine in the crock pot the night before on low, then let it cook until the next afternoon.  I just add salt, pepper and a little garlic.  But the juices that come out of the meat makes the most amazing gravy and the meat is so tender and moist.  Everyone wants to gobble it up right away.   So just some food for thought.  Except lunch meat does come in handy from time to time so again since it won't add to my grocery budget I'll pick them up and toss them in the freezer for a rainy day.

click image to enlarge



Tide is one of the few laundry detergents that I do buy.  I also buy that other one from Europe that rates right up there with tide, I can't remember the name off the top of my head.   But I go for ratings from consumer reports.  When you buy cheap, or make your own you might as well just wash with plain water and save your self the money you spent on laundry detergent.  That alone is another completely different story with math to back me up.  

But the one is for Tide PurClean for $3.00 off at Target.   Our closest walmart is 45 from my doorstep to Walmarts doorstep.   While Target is about 140 miles from my doorstep to the one at Target.  Not exactly close and I don't know if Walmart will accept this one or not.  But if not I may see if it's worth having my daughter pick it up when she goes by a target on her way to the Blake Shelton concert that I got tickets to for my daughter and her boyfriend for my daughters birthday.  

The second is an actual package of tide to use. This is the purClean type in Honey Lavender and is for 1 load.  It's a liquid product.   If I can get my daughter to pick up a bottle of this, I'll test out this sample pack and put the actual bottle of laundry detergent away in the stash that I have started for my daughter to take with her when she moves out of the house.  Sometime soon..... and tears will flow, but she is old enough to begin her own life just as my husband and I did when we came of age.  Not meeting up until years later, but it's a process most children must go through.  I'm sorry to say most, but I do have a special needs son and he will soon be 15, but I don't see him living on his own unless he has daily staff and all his bills are managed for him. But that's another story as well. 

click to enlarge 

click image to enlarge



Now pens, that is one topic I am not just familiar with, because who isn't we use them all the time.  But I may obsess over them just a wee little bit.  If you were to ask my kids they would say it's a huge obsession.  I know what I like and what works and all those little details.   My two top favorites are fountain pens, and even within that line there are ones that I love and ones that I hate.  But I do love the fact that I can clean them out and put whatever color ink I feel like in them.   I have quite a few and a number of inks as well.  They are amazing to write with when you get one that flows with your hand and style of writing.   My other favorite are felt tip pens.  But even then like fountain pens they have different nib sizes and styles.   But also the barle of the pen makes a difference for any pen being used.  Including ballpoint.   I have used some G-2 pens and they were hit and miss with various nibs and colors.  Yes even the ink can make a difference, including in a fountain pen.  Some are thinner and flow better, others are thicker and seem to clog the nib which accounts for skipping in my humble opinion.   So of course I will be loving the fact that I can try these two pens that I received and give them each a review since they are in different colors of ink as well as style of the pen barrel.  
click image to enlarge



Flossers.......  with three kids living under my roof, this is one way I can get them to floss.  Of course I will also admit that I don't always floss nightly like I should just because it's been a long day or whatnot.  But my youngest daughter that is on the autism spectrum hates mint dental products.  So the fruit flossers will be a treat to try out and see how she likes them.  But also if she will be more willing to floss if they are not mint but fruit instead.

click to enlarge


Coffee.... Coffee..... Well since I am NOT a coffee drinker.  With the exception of an elderly neighbor whom can never remember that I don't drink it.  So just to be polite I drink it with a smile.  But I think she buys folgers in a tin that is a no-fuss coffee to whip a pot up of.  They drink a lot of coffee at their house!  So the pot is always on, or ready to make a new pot should company come over.  Now at our house..... we have the single k-cup machine.  If we need more than one cup we make them as needed.  It's convenient when only one person drinks it on a regular basis, and sticks to a cup rather than a pot.

 click to enlarge

They came in a box of their own with advertisment.  So I've taken pictures so you can see what they are saying, rather than my translated version.

click image to enlarge 

click image to enlarge 

click image to enlarge

click image to enlarge

click image to enlarge 

click image to enlarge


They also included coupons for the three types of coffee enclosed!!!  Even at $1.00 off that's still savings, especially if you can use a coupon should they go on sale as well.

click image to enlarge

So those are the items included in my package and I'll be posting individual reviews here when I get them tested and done.


No comments:

Post a Comment