Friday, September 30, 2016

9 Questions About Myself

not the best pict, but it's recent
I hadn't slept the night before so I had
been up for 2 days.  I look tired and was.

I enjoy reading these types of questions but I rarely respond to them.   I’m not sure why.   So I googled up a few questionnaires and selected a variety of questions of several to create my own.  

If you're reading this, I would really enjoy if you would copy and paste the questions and answer them yourself.   I will make it easy, and at the very end I will have a list of just the questions to make it easy to copy and paste.  

If you have a story that goes with the questions, please feel free to write about it.  That just makes it more interesting and more personal as well.   If you would rather not answer a question, feel free to leave it out.

If you want to add one of your own add that as well.   I do plan on reading all the answers but if you have your own would you please make it in its own post.    That way it will be easy to spot by myself and others.  And if you’re a guest reading feel free to answer that one as well.   

Now onto random questions. . . . . . . . . .


1)  Do you untie your shoes before you take them off.
I actually prefer slip on shoes, just because it’s easier.   But also growing up in the tropics as a child/teen I was usually wearing some type of sandal or open shoe.    Especially when at guests houses for putting them back on.   The laces on my runners are just loose enough that I can slip them on and off with ease.


2) Do you still have your tonsils?
Nope I had them out when I was about 11~ish.   As usual my parents scheduled surgery not long before returning home from summer holiday in the states.   I had complications and they had to force my mouth open wider therefore post-surgery I could hardly open my mouth.   Least it wasn’t fun on the 3 day trek home, 12-hour long haul flight was a part of that hurting and could only eat soft foods and drink.   Nor did my parents order special meals on flights so I was out of luck most of the time.   It wasn’t till we were home in Indonesia awhile before I could even fit my pointer finger between my teeth.   That’s how far I could open my mouth.  (we lived as expats overseas for 10 years)


3) Can you drive a stick shift?
Actually I can.   I never drove overseas because we had a driver.   When we came back to the states on summer holiday we were always running here and there to visit friends, family or were on a real holiday to other countries or places.   So I never drove.  We returned to the states when I was 18, and my senior year of high school.  It never seemed odd to me that I never drove.  I either walked or I went with one of my parents (or another adult) that drove.   When my aunt found out she was furious with my parents (her sister) and immediately began my diving lessons in the country.   I went from living in a city of about 5 billion to a little town of 1,500 people.  My dad’s dream was to farm so he went from working for an oil company to farming.   I learned to drive a stick shift on a grain truck.   For my driver’s test I learned to parallel park between a combine and a grain truck.   I did have to parallel park for my driver’s test which I think was the last time I did that.     


4) Do you like watching horror movies?
Nope I hate them with a passion.   Always have, however my teen, daughter loves them.  OMG she’s going to be a teen for 4 more days and then she will be 20.   That makes me feel old!


            5) What did you dream about last night?
I saw this question and I knew I had to answer it.   Since changing meds my dreams have been really weird and vivid.   However, for the life of me I can’t remember.   Plus my almost 16 year old son came in my room last night to ask if he could have a drink of my tea.   I keep a bottle of tea by my bedside.   Normally I am awake when he gets off work and last night I was tired so I crashed early.   It must have been some weird dream because I pointed at the wall behind my headboard and said “Drought Fairy”.   Repeating that a couple of times and went back to sleep.   I normally wake up when my kids or hubby wakes me, so last night was very strange.   It must have been a good dream…… I can’t imagine why though.


            6) What was the last thing you ate?
I was going to say a salad with grilled chicken, but then I remembered it wasn’t.   When my son got off work (about 10:30 pm) he brought home 2 cinnamon rolls, one for the each of us to share.   We watched an episode of Family Guy on Netflix and laughed…. And enjoyed our warmed cinnamon roll.   Love those moments with my kids.


7) What’s the worst TV commercial that you remember?
It was November of 2011 and I had been stuck in the hospital for pretty much all of October and pretty much all of November as well.   I will never forget that commercial for Kohl’s black Friday song.  Friday… Friday… Ugggg I was sick as a dog and then some.   Recovering from major surgery the very beginning of October.  I was home for less than a week the beginning of November, when my local hospital admitted me letting my doctor at the Mayo Clinic call the shots.  Then when he didn’t like the lab reports he told me local doctor to call life flight and send me back.   I was so sick of that commercial, I wasn’t feeling well to start with, required a few mini surgeries under general and for some reason that song drove me bonkers.   We ditched satellite and cable years ago only using Amazon, Netflix and Hulu at home so I wasn’t use to all the commercials either.  


8) What’s Your Favorite Quote?
I have no idea if she really said this or not, but I saw it on a meme.  But it seems fitting that Diana, The People’s Princess would most certainly do if she could.   It’s one thing I believe in, and teach my kids to do.     “Carry out a random act of kindness, with no expectations of reward, safe in the knowledge that one day someone might do the same for you.”    I like to leave large tips when I eat out if I can afford it.   When I am shopping and the clerk hands me my receipt, I like to hand him or her a cash tip of their own.  Telling them it’s a holiday tip and to have a wonderful day with a big smile and dash out the door with my purchase.  Sometimes it’s just a $5 or $10 other times it’s more.  When I stay at a hotel I also leave a tip on the nightstand with a handwritten note letting them know it’s a tip and thank them for their hard work.   We’re not wealthy, but I would rather give directly to someone working hard and know where it’s going, than to a charity.   Most charities the money goes to admin fees or pay the high wages of those running the organization and very little actually goes to the cause.   Think about it, and maybe choose to do random acts of kindness instead or give directly to someone working hard.   There are so many options of giving locally and directly instead.


            9) An embarrassing moment?
 The first thing that jumps to my mind is when I was about 10 or so.   We were on a return flight to the states for our yearly summer holiday.   We lived as expats overseas in Indonesia.  I felt rather grown up flying and tried to look nice, so this particular time and last time I ever wore a skirt flying, or flying into this particular airport.   We left Jakarta, and departed Singapore on our way to Tokyo Japan.   Back in the 1980’s Narita International Airport didn’t have many gates with a jet bridge to walk directly on and off the plane.   It had 1 gate that I remember that handled it’s flights where you had to walk down to the ground and out to a bus.  Then be bussed out to your plane.  Or if you just landed, a bus would return you back to where you needed to go.   Well we landed in Tokyo and as usual we were bussed back to the building and had a flight of steps to walk down to get down to the ground and get on the bus.   Just as I stepped on the ground from the steps a gust of wind came up and took my skirt up much higher than appropriate.   I doubt anyone noticed or if they did they didn’t show it.   Always listen to your mothers when they tell you to wear a slip as well.   There is a very good reason for slips, they protect your dignity when the wind blows your skirt up!


I’ll answer another round of 9 questions on another day.
I hope you take the time to reply with your own answers.

  
1)  Do you untie your shoes before you take them off?
2) Do you still have your tonsils?
3) Can you drive a stick shift?
4) Do you like watching horror movies?
5) What did you dream about last night?
6) What was the last thing you ate?
7) What’s the worst TV commercial that you remember?
8) What’s Your Favorite Quote?
9) An embarrassing moment?




2 comments:



  1. Thanks for this post.It's a very nice post.Great post.Thank you.
    skin1004

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hey there, You have done a fantastic job. the whole thing is going perfectly here and of course every one is sharing information, that’s truly good, keep up writing. skin1004

    ReplyDelete