Friday, July 22, 2016

Equate Night Time Soothing Makeup Wipes Remover ~ Dupe To Neutrogena Night Calming

click image to enlarge

I haven't been using facial makeup remover wipes for very long.   And honestly I had gone through several packages of another type before I began to question them.   I didn't like that tacky feel it left on your face.  But since I was new to them I just thought that was "normal".

After watching a few video's on YouTube, and reading a few written reviews on blogs I found out it was expected on various brands/types but not others.  I continued to use certain ones I had bought for some time.

I had been watching various other YouTube video's that were reviews to specific products.  So I looked to YouTube for video's specific to face wipes.   Some were awesome, some were less than stellar in my opinion.  However I do think the video reviewer was reviewing brands and types that were relevant to them rather than using a broad spectrum found at the drugstore that would be relevant to various people watching the video.

There are a number of videos to watch if you do a search for reviews just as I did.  

The Neutrogena brand that was in the purple packaging that is labeled as the Night Calming was high on the list as one of the better ones.  So I wrote that one down on my shopping list. 

At the store I decided to pickup the equate brand that is the dupe and is also in purple packaging but is labeled as "Night-Time Soothing".   My biggest reason wasn't cost actually, but rather the packaging closure.   I really hate, and I mean hate when they use the sticky label as closure.  The equate brand has the plastic bag type packaging, but it has a small hard plastic opening and closing mechanism is much nicer to use and makes it feel like a better quality product as far as packaging goes.  I don't know why the more expensive brands/types don'e use the same hard closures other than cost.  But cheaper brands use them, which is odd.   

Since I have used packaging with the sticky label and the label looses it's stickiness, the wipes dry out,   I'm currently trying to find an alternative to put the packet into to keep them moist since the packaging is pretty much worthless.  Most options are either to large or to small.   So in the end I may end up just buying only brands that have the closure that I prefer.  

The wipes smell quite lovely, and the cloth of the wipes are very soft to the skin.  Not all brands are soft I guess, which takes me back to my days of using baby wipes just under a decade ago.   I tried cheaper baby wipes and the fabric wasn't very soft to the skin so why would I want to use that on my babies bottom and often face and hands?   But even more so, the reason for buying them was the cheaper baby wipes were thinner and I often used two instead of one.  That isn't a savings overall when you are doing that.  

But I do find the texture of the generic facial wipes similar to the name brand.  In another review I will go over that I did buy both the generic as well as the name brand just to compare the two together, one on one. 

I haven't used the name brand Neutrogena wipes, of any type, but I highly recommend the Equate brand dupe of the Night Calming in the purple packaging.  


Because I can't predict the future and where this blog will go.  But I do know the law in this area so I'm just going to begin so there is no question.  Should someone wonder.   This blog is not sponsored and all products were bought by me with my own money.  


 

No comments:

Post a Comment